- 12 Cups of pitted chopped apricots
- 6 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 9 Cups of granulated sugar
The Set Up
- 15 Mason jars 8oz
- 15 Bands and lids to fit
- Canning Funnel
- Jar Lifter
- Big pot with a lid preferably or one with a canning rack (I've never used mine, I just put it in the pot for a few minutes).
- Towel for the table
- Put a pot of water on to process the full jars in after filling and bring to a slow boil.
- Place all of the ingredients in your pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir it CONSTANTLY until the sugar is dissolved. Make sure you really get over bit of it stirred as you go. A thick bottom pot will help keep it from scorching as well.
- Then continue to let it boil until it hits the gel stage. Which it when the sticks thickly to a spoon when you dip it into the jelly and hold it up as if to let it run off.
- Shut it off and skim all of the foam you can get off from the top of the pot.
- Ladle that beautiful jam into the jars leaving a 1/4 inch space at the top.
- Clean the rim with a wet cloth
- Seal the cap and rings onto the jars.
- After you seal them all up, quickly put the jars gently into the pot of slow boiling water for ten minutes.
- Lift the jars out of the water and place on the towel.
- Listen for that signature pop as they cool so you know they are properly sealed.
- Label and decorate your jars as you please then share with the people you love.